|Platform: win10||Date: (C)2016-09-23 (M)2017-10-23|
Select the 'Require use of specific security layer for remote (RDP) connections' to rdp
Specifies whether to require the use of a specific security layer to secure communications between clients and RD Session Host servers during Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connections.
If you enable this setting, all communications between clients and RD Session Host servers during remote connections must use the security method specified in this setting. The following security methods are available:
* Negotiate: The Negotiate method enforces the most secure method that is supported by the client. If Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.0 is supported, it is used to authenticate the RD Session Host server. If TLS is not supported, native Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) encryption is used to secure communications, but the RD Session Host server is not authenticated.
* RDP: The RDP method uses native RDP encryption to secure communications between the client and RD Session Host server. If you select this setting, the RD Session Host server is not authenticated.
* SSL (TLS 1.0): The SSL method requires the use of TLS 1.0 to authenticate the RD Session Host server. If TLS is not supported, the connection fails.
If you disable or do not configure this setting, the security method to be used for remote connections to RD Session Host servers is not enforced through Group Policy. However, you can configure a required security method for these connections by using Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration tool.
Configure this setting depending on your organization's requirements.
All communications between clients and RD Session Host servers must use the security method specified during remote connections.
(1) GPO: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Security\Require use of specific security layer for remote (RDP) connections
(2) REG: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\SecurityLayer
|SCAP Repo OVAL Definition||oval:org.secpod.oval:def:35230|