Network security: LDAP client signing requirements
|ID: oval:org.secpod.oval:def:23024||Date: (C)2015-01-07 (M)2018-03-15|
|Class: COMPLIANCE||Family: windows|
This policy setting determines the level of data signing that is requested on behalf of clients that issue LDAP BIND requests, as follows:
- None. The LDAP BIND request is issued with the caller-specified options.
- Negotiate signing. If Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer (TLS/SSL) has not been started, the LDAP BIND request is initiated with the LDAP data signing option set in addition to the caller-specified options. If TLS/SSL has been started, the LDAP BIND request is initiated with the caller-specified options.
- Require signature. This level is the same as Negotiate signing. However, if the LDAP server?s intermediate saslBindInProgress response does not indicate that LDAP traffic signing is required, the caller is told that the LDAP BIND command request failed.
Note: This policy setting does not have any impact on ldap_simple_bind or ldap_simple_bind_s. No Microsoft LDAP clients that are included with Windows XP Professional use ldap_simple_bind or ldap_simple_bind_s to communicate with a domain controller.
The possible values for the Network security: LDAP client signing requirements setting are:
- Negotiate signing
- Require signature
- Not Defined
This policy setting determines the level of data signing that is requested on behalf of clients that issue LDAP BIND requests.
(1) GPO: Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options!Network security: LDAP client signing requirements
(2) REG: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LDAP!LDAPClientIntegrity
|Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2|