Enable use of BitLocker authentication requiring preboot keyboard input on slates
|ID: oval:org.secpod.oval:def:27767||Date: (C)2015-10-08 (M)2018-03-15|
|Class: COMPLIANCE||Family: windows|
This policy setting allows users to enable authentication options that require user input from the pre-boot environment even if the platform indicates lack of pre-boot input capability.
The Windows on-screen touch keyboard (such as used by slates) is not available in the pre-boot environment where BitLocker requires additional information such as a PIN or Password.
It is recommended that administrators enable this policy only for devices that are verified to have an alternative means of pre-boot input (such as by attaching a USB keyboard).
Note that if this option is not enabled, options in the Require additional authentication at startup policy may not be available on such devices. These options include:
- Configure TPM startup PIN: Required/Allowed
- Configure TPM startup key and PIN: Required/Allowed
- Configure use of passwords for operating system drives.
(1) GPO: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\BitLocker Drive Encryption\Operating System Drives!Enable use of BitLocker authentication requiring preboot keyboard input on slates
(2) REG: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\FVE!OSEnablePrebootInputProtectorsOnSlates
|Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2|