Ensure No Auditing for 'Audit Policy: Account Management: Application Group Management'
|ID: oval:org.secpod.oval:def:35498||Date: (C)2016-06-10 (M)2017-10-23|
|Class: COMPLIANCE||Family: windows|
This subcategory reports each event of application group management on a computer, such as when an application group is created, changed, or deleted or when a member is added to or removed from an application group. If you enable this Audit policy setting, administrators can track events to detect malicious, accidental, and authorized creation of application group accounts. Events for this subcategory include:
- 4783: A basic application group was created.
- 4784: A basic application group was changed.
- 4785: A member was added to a basic application group.
- 4786: A member was removed from a basic application group.
- 4787: A non-member was added to a basic application group.
- 4788: A non-member was removed from a basic application group.
- 4789: A basic application group was deleted.
- 4790: An LDAP query group was created.
- 4791: A basic application group was changed.
- 4792: An LDAP query group was deleted.
Refer to the Microsoft Knowledgebase article 'Description of security events in Windows Vista and in Windows Server 2008' for the most recent information about this setting: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947226.
|Microsoft Windows 10|